Fun, food, and fresh air; company outdoor events can be helpful to break the monotony of work. It can help coworkers get to know each other in a more relaxed setting that can improve team bonds and productivity. This favorite workplace activity was not happening for the last two years. At the height of the pandemic, businesses across the country could not gather outside. However, things are back to normal, and we can enjoy ourselves again. In 2022, the Human Management Resource Society report showed that 65% of companies hosted company outdoor events, like a picnic. However, many made massive cuts, and the events became staff-only instead of family-friendly. They also changed venues from parks to places on-site, and others opted for workday events rather than weekends. Another tremendous change was the absence of promotional items.
They turned into a frugal office luncheon instead of fun gatherings. As the effects of the pandemic fade and companies regain their stable financial standing, you must once again consider company outdoor events and promotional products. But why are they vital from a business standpoint? Why do you need to invest in them? The blog will provide all the answers.
A case for the company’s outdoor events:
- Scenery change:Work can become pretty monotonous. Rather than having meetings or corporate events in a conference hall, consider a part of or similar outdoor venues. Employees will be delighted because of the change in the scenery. It will give them time to recharge themselves with positive energy.
- Empowering:A natural setting with trees, flowers, waterfalls, etc., affects their morale positively that instills drive and determination. It makes them willing to work harder and go the distance to achieve job goals.
- Outdoor venues are more relaxing than indoors. Most corporates organize gatherings with employees inside, but it does the job partially. The goal should be to help them relax completely. People can be more relaxed because of the laid-back environment outside. Everything feels lovely, and it helps boost productivity.
- Communication:Employees feel free and unconstrained by an informal work setting. They are much more likely to share ideas and collaborate deeply. The possibility of coming up with new ideas increases manifold.
- Team spirit: Outdoor events not only increase their morale, but they also teach them to work in teams. Take your team to activities like hiking, biking, swimming, etc. Spending quality time together and making them feel part of a family is one of the most effective ways to boost morale. Research also shows physical activities diminish stress.
- Foster ideas:You must have noticed that we get our best ideas when relaxed or outside the work environment. People associate office space with stress and organizing meetings outside can help change their perceptions. They will be at their best because of low to no pressure.
- Improved productivity: Organizing a business event outside the office allows them to connect deeper. It will encourage them to clear any doubt or give ideas and feedback without fearing rejection.
- Employee evaluation: It is an opportunity for HRs, managers, and entrepreneurs to evaluate employees better. Outdoor events foster communication because people will open up more. It does not constrain them to finish the task or bide up the time to leave.
- A chance to connect with other businesses:Send invitations to clients, vendors, prospects, etc., to make them feel valued. Outdoor events will help to engage in deep conversations.
A few valuable custom products to bond:
Outdoor apparel is a long-lasting gift that will last for years. Even if someone leaves your organization and goes to work for another company, they feel nostalgic. Use high-quality materials, logos, and company names wisely and not only for promotions.
Custom jerseys are not only for sports teams and fans; you can also use them for company outdoor events to create an attractive business image. People judge by the way how their organization treats their employees. If they can see how much farther you go for them, it fosters a positive image. When employees wear company jerseys, it imparts team spirit.
Custom flannel shirts look adorable for fall and outdoors. They give a vintage vibe and make you cozier. Often, people assume they are not for business settings. But they fit the outdoor events perfectly. They are also durable, so investing in high-quality ones will ensure your company gets long-term visibility.
Custom T-shirts are one of the most, if not the highest-loved items, for corporate gatherings. Whether indoors or outdoors, they are ideal for every occasion. They offer the comfiest and most relaxed look you want in an outdoor setting. T-shirts with your logo, colors, mission statements, etc., can turn a simple outing into an unforgettable event. And, not to mention, whenever they wear them, they become a walking billboard for your organization.
Custom hoodies for outdoor company events are lovely to build camaraderie and brand visibility. It can be a conversation starter; people seeing them will want to know more about the company that invested in their employees. They are thicker than t-shirts or shirts, which makes them ideal for staying warm outdoors.
Custom sweaters look classy for every situation, especially company events. How many organizations have you seen investing so much in their employees? Probably a few. They are perfect if you plan an overnight stay or in colder months/ regions. It will show how much you value them.
- Custom socks:Company events are an excellent opportunity to give away socks. They can impart a sense of belonging and provide comfort at the same time. The variety is a bonus. You can create them for every type of event, weather, etc. For example, imagine you have organized an outdoor trekking event. You can customize them with merino wool for optimal comfort. Similarly, you can give dress socks if the occasion is formal.
- Custom pillows may sound like something people bring to their family outings. But remember, we spend a considerable time with our coworkers, and company picnics are ideal for them. You can take the relaxed environment up a notch with company pillows. They can keep them in their work chair or at home afterward.
- Custom drinkware:Proper hydration is vital during outdoor events; it helps relax and get ideas. What’s better than handing out custom koozies, bottles, or tumblers before the event? They can enjoy their favorite beverages to add to the fun. Outdoor events can be notorious for plastic cup wastage. You send a positive message about helping the environment by giving away company drinkware.
- Custom tote bags with the company logo will help carry their stuff. You are also helping the environment and creating brand awareness.
- Custom scarves:Outdoor events are fun but could be harsh on our skin and hair. Scarves are not only fashion or promotional accessories but protect from sun, wind, dust, etc. They are budget-friendly and can last for years. So, not only do scarves help with outdoor events, but they can come to work wearing them.
- Custom hats are other items that protect from the sun and are perfect for outdoor activities. They come in various styles like dad hats, truckers, baseball, etc. You can use beanies for colder environments.
- Custom tambourines help bring fun to outdoor activities. Employees can relax and forget about work stress completely. You can start a fun tradition, like Maria Caldwell. She is the chief legal officer and director of the compliance service at the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). It was their family tradition for 20 years. They spend holidays with friends and family playing tambourines.
Know the full story of how EverLighten helped her keep traditions alive with timely delivery, https://everlighten.com/blogs/success-stories/maria-caldwall-custom-tambourines.
- Custom balls, like basketballs, volleyballs, footballs, soccer, etc., bring fun and helps bond. They are perfect for children to these events.
- Allot a budget for the event and promotional products. It would be easier to choose everything from the venue to products, food, and beverages. If you plan a family outing, ask each employee to submit the list of members beforehand.
- Select a date: You want to make the best of the event, so it is better to keep a range of dates; in case the weather changes or some urgent project. During peak times, some venues might be booked or crowded. It is better to be flexible with days. Avoid big holidays because you do not want to take their precious family time.
- Research and choose a place: Once you have your budget and date range, decide on a venue. Be mindful that the spot should be close enough for your employees to make a commute. For distant places, gather at a location and then travel together.
- Plan for catering and entertainment: Small gatherings may get away without catering, but for a big group of employees and family, you would need professional help.
- Plan a theme: It can be as simple as using your brand colors for decorations. Use it for games, music, etc. Keep promotional stuff, like custom medals, plush toys, etc., as prizes for contests. It will motivate everyone to take part and give their best.
- Set ground rules: Keep in mind that this is a work function, and it is best to lay out a few rules, so HR concerns should not be a factor.
Nature and nurture go a long way:
Getting your employees outdoors for a picnic or downtime will remind them of your appreciation toward them. The giveaways will help further and remind them of the good times with your organization. They can bond and be more productive all year round. Connect with a reliable manufacturer to get the custom products on time. EverLighten has helped startups, large companies, sports teams, universities, nonprofits, celebrities, individuals, etc., for nineteen years.
Allison Beck, the Program Manager, EngEDU of Google, was looking for a manufacturer for custom plush toys for their event. However, they can not find one because of their high-quality standards, tight deadlines, and two different-sized toys - one 6-inches and the other 12-inches. Fortunately, they connected with us, and our experts delivered on time with 100% satisfaction.
Read the full story of how EverLighten helped Google https://everlighten.com/blogs/success-stories/allison-beck-custom-plush-toys.
Customize outdoor promotional items with EverLighten:
- Best value: We manufacture custom products in our factory, which helps you to get the best cost in the industry.
- Top quality: Customers get their products with the best materials, production, packaging, and labeling.
- Quick turnaround: EverLighten delivers every order in the least time.
- 24*7 help: You can contact the customer support team anytime.
- People-centric: We love helping and accept every order.
- 100% customization: Customers can customize every aspect - materials, colors, size, logo style, artwork, etc.
- No minimum limit: We offer the lowest MOQ in the industry.
- Extensive delivery: EverLighten delivers worldwide, and customers can track their orders with an online tool.
For more information, inquiry, and ordering, visit https://everlighten.com/collections/all.
Tags: custom products