Why are custom basketballs one of the best promotional tools?
- Unique: Custom basketballs are an interesting promotional item. It is not every day that people receive them. Everyone gets 10-12 products from various companies, like pens, calendars, keychains, etc., in a year. It will amaze people receiving them and tell their friends, family, coworkers, and acquaintances about you.
- Long-lasting: One of the primary things that create brand awareness is the time spent on the promotional item. For example, a custom pen will last about 2-3 months until it runs out of ink. Similarly, a high-quality custom t-shirt will last about 2-years, but basketballs can last a long time - 4-5 years - even with rough usage.
- Likable: It is challenging for a promotional item that most will like. For example, if you choose a custom t-shirt, some will like it, while others might not want to use it; not everyone likes to be a mobile billboard for an unknown company. Custom basketballs are items that most people will love. Even if they do not play, they can give it to children. But they will not be in the attic or back of the garage. It can be a fascinating conversation starter.
- Amazing ROIs: Organizations search for new and innovative ways to connect with their audience. Sport is a universal language that makes emotions run high. You can see the evidence of their involvement during games, especially the big ones. The price of ads is the highest; it is not a coincidence. Big companies know they will get their returns. You might not be an enormous company that can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on ads. However, you can achieve some awareness goals with custom basketballs.
How does EverLighten create high-quality custom basketballs?
- The outside covering: rubber, synthetic, leather, or composition
- The bladder-butyl rubber
- Carcass - threads of nylon or polyester
- Labeling - decals or foil. Zinc and copper plates affix them.
- Creating the inner bladder: customizing basketballs starts with the bladder. We melt black butyl rubber in bulk, including recycled rubber, in the hopper of a press. It feeds it out in a continuous sheet 12 inches wide and 0.5 inches thick. A cutter resembling a guillotine cuts the long strip into 18-inches sheets. A manually controlled machine selects the sheet one at a time and punches a 1-inch hole with a punch press. The opening is for holding the air tube for inflating the bladder.
- A sheet elevator or conveyor carries the sheet to an assembly line for air tube insertion by hand. A heated melding device bonds the air tube to the sheet and folds into quarters. The punch press then stamps out a round edge that binds the edges to make the bladder's seams; it is not in standard shape at the moment.
- They take it to a vulcanizing machine where heat and pressure improve its properties to make it more flexible, sturdy, and durable. The process seals the rubber so it can hold air. We keep it in a holding chamber for around 24 hours. Our experts then test their ability to store air and recycle the deflated ones.
- Shaping the interior: The bladders that pass the inflation test go for winding or twining. Spools of polyester or nylon wrap multiple strands at a time around them. They now become round and resemble the shape of balls. The quality of the thread and the number of strands impact the quality and cost of customizing basketballs. For example, low-quality has multiple wraps of three polyester strands, and high-quality ones have nylon threads of four wrapped strands.
- The ball cover and artwork are in the process as the bladders and carcasses take shape. Colored rubber unrolls from a continuous roll. The rubber does not have pebbling at this stage, which is the characteristic of basketballs. A silk screen moves along metal markers that mark the length of the rubber sheet. An operator moves it manually and outlines the six panels of the ball. We use one color at a time, and depending on the design, we may need multiple silk screenings to color the six panels.
- A manual punch press with a specially designed tool punches the rubber outlines to create six panels of basketballs. A die punches a hole in one of them to create an opening for the air tube. We recycle the extra rubber after collecting it in a bin.
- A worker picks the six panels in a specific order and carries them to the vulcanizer that creates channels between the panels and adds information with embossing. They fit them into particular sections. They take a bladder, cover it with a coating glue, and place it inside the chamber. When the basketball comes out, the surface is still smooth - it has no bumps - but has channels and embossing.
- An expert applies decals, foil decoration, and other information with small heat presses. They also inspect each custom basketball for gaps between the panels and fill them with small pieces of hand-cut rubber. Another vulcanizer unifies the surface, blending in any gap fillers and molds to form the surface dots. They test again for 24 hours to ensure they hold air.
Leather covers and synthetic laminated covering:
- Final testing and analysis: Even though the custom basketballs are promotional or fundraisers, our experts bounce test to meet the regulation for inflation pressure. They inspect each ball for bounces at a recommended height. They empty the passed balls so they can be packed and shipped. We also use promotional packaging as per their branding.
How to use custom basketball to create goodwill?
- Mini basketballs: with your company name and logo is a lovely promotional product. People like novelty items, and they fit the scene. Ordering them in bulk will make them more pocket-friendly. You can give them to customers in various ways, like including them with their purchases or giving them out at events.
- Full-sized basketballs: High-quality balls are lovely items for donations and fundraisers. Help your local fitness centers, and people will positively see your brand.
- Give away at work: people love basketball; you can hand them out to employees. Word will travel fast and get attention to your brand. You do not need to be in a business related to sports to enjoy the benefits of custom basketballs.
- Support local schools and leagues with branded balls. They can use them for students and players. Many parents and adults have an enormous interest in these games; you will reach them with little effort. You can also supply them to local stores that sell sports goods.
- Community: There are many other businesses where you can supply promotional basketballs, like physio clinics. They can use them for their therapy sessions. It is a way to give back to your community while promoting your business. Donating them to local parks or youth centers is another idea. You can make a difference and reach many lives. The goodwill you create will help make a vast difference to your brand.
- Promotional and functional: You can create themed balls for occasions like independence day or a collectible with autographs.
Over to you:
Customize basketballs with EverLighten:
- Best price: We manufacture basketballs in our factory, which helps customers to get the best cost in the industry.
- Fine quality: Customers get the basketballs with the best materials, production, and packaging.
- On-time delivery: our factory helps deliver every project in the minimum time.
- Always-on service: Customers can contact the support team anytime.
- Customer-centric: We love helping people and accept every basketball order.
- Unlimited customization: Customers can customize every aspect - materials, colors, sizes, bladder, carcass, etc.
- No minimum order quantity: We offer no minimum order limit on custom basketballs.
- Worldwide shipping: EverLighten delivers globally, and you can track the orders with an online tool.
Can you customize a basketball?
Yes, you can customize a basketball. There are many ways to customize a basketball, including:
- Adding a name or logo: You can add a name or logo to a basketball by engraving, painting, or using a decal.
- Changing the color: You can change the color of a basketball by painting it or dying it.
- Adding a design: You can add a design to a basketball by painting, airbrushing, or using a stencil.
How many customizations can you make in basketball?
There are many customizations that you can make to a basketball. The only limit is your imagination.
Can you get a basketball engraved?
Yes, you can get a basketball engraved. Engraving is a popular way to customize basketballs, as it is a permanent and durable way to add a name, logo, or message.
Will paint stick to a basketball?
Yes, the paint will stick to a basketball. However, use a type of paint that is for use on rubber or vinyl surfaces. Acrylic paint is a good option. It is flexible and will not crack or peel.
Can you laser a basketball?
Yes, you can laser a basketball. Laser engraving is more expensive than traditional engraving but can create a more detailed and permanent design.
In addition to these traditional methods of customization, several new and innovative techniques help customize basketballs. For example, some companies use 3D printing to create basketballs with custom designs and textures. Others are using LED lights to create basketballs that glow in the dark.