When you think of the office, what are the first things that come to mind? If you think of mundane tasks and meetings, you are not alone. Work hours are getting longer, and employees are more stressed than ever. According to the American Institute of Stress, 40% of workers reported that their job was stressful. One of the best stressbusters is sports. It brings everyone together to improve team bonds and increase productivity. Introducing sports day into your workplace, you can create a fun environment. People will look forward to it and enjoy the work. Company sports days have become popular in recent years because of several benefits. Market studies confirm that they rank fourth among the most popular office perks. As an organization, you can use the occasion for brand promotions also. You might ask: how? The answer is custom socks.
Reasons to introduce office sports day:
- It improves team bonding:Most companies organize team-building activities once a year and do not pay heed again. But, it should not be like that, and team bonding should be a regular activity. Office sports day is one of the most effective ways to improve bonding. When people are in their work environment, they have a serious demeanor. Playing improves interaction with each other. Employees can get away from their work environment and have fun together. Coming back to work, they will be more open with each other.
- It encourages healthy competition:We would like to believe that there is no competition between our coworkers. But, the reality is otherwise. However, there is no harm in healthy competition. It teaches us discipline, tolerance, and teamwork - and encourages us to perform better. Office sports day is lovely to kindle that fire.
- It increases engagement and productivity: According to studies, physical activities improve our productivity levels. The benefits extend long after the event. The reason itself should be sufficient for you to organize a company sports day.
- It improves leadership skills:Every company looks for people with leadership skills. However, some individuals are reluctant to show themselves up as leaders. People are open and relaxed when having fun. It brings in their other side and talents that go unseen on regular office days. An office sports day is an opportunity to find those hidden gems.
- It injects fun and breaks monotony: No organization in the world can not benefit from fun once in a while. An office sports day is wonderful to bring everyone together, have a good time and then go back to their work happy. Remember, a happy worker is more productive. People get bored with a routine, and it is lovely to break the monotony.
How custom socks can help:
Custom socks impact employees positively and add to the fun of office sports day.
- Lasting relationship: custom socks create a long-lasting relationship with employees after the event. It is a practical item that they can use for coming to work. People enjoy gifts from their organization; they are an acknowledgment of their contributions to the organization.
- Happy employees:Custom socks create a cheerful work environment by making employees feel valued. They are motivated to do well on the sports day and at work. Many companies reward high-achievers with expensive gifts, but others feel neglected. Company-branded socks are budget-friendly, and everyone will feel happy receiving them.
- People feel appreciated:Custom socks are excellent for boosting employee morale. People will feel appreciated when you contribute to the sports day. Customize them with the organization’s logo and name to build a sense of loyalty and pride.
- Brand exposure: Word-of-the-mouth helps build brand awareness. Your employees will talk about the company positively with their family and friends when you give them custom socks. With high-quality materials and prints, they will provide brand exposure.
- Separate from the competition: When people see your employees having fun wearing company-branded socks, it will instill a positive message in them. Most organizations make their employees work hard without appreciating them; you can be different. They will be loyal and stick to your organization for a long time.
Some fun activities and games:
- Giant egg and spoon race: You can have fun and test your coordination; it is a great twist on classic sports.
- Sack race:It will take you back to your childhood days. You and your team can hop your way to the finish line. It is one of the most popular activities for sports day.
- Big feet race:It is a challenging activity requiring communication and synergy from participants. The employees will feel free with each other afterward.
- Skipping race: Do you remember the fun activity from your childhood? Get your skipping ropes ready as your team members cheer for you.
- Hula hoop race:the energetic activity is fun and would take you back to your school days. It is fun to watch as well.
- Hockey slalom race:Your employees will have a fantastic time testing their skills. Their bond will become strong after playing as a team.
- Big-feet football slalom will ignite the competitive spirit and improve coordination while having a good time. It is a classic activity for the entire team.
- Tug of war: what is better to improve the competitive fire than a tug of war? Team members will bond together by playing as a team.
- Wellie wangling:The popular activity from the UK is fun. Throw your boots as far as possible to win.
- Three-legged race:An office sports event is incomplete without a three-legged race. Your employees must work together and reach the finish line.
- Beanbag race is a perfect way to improve coordination, teamwork, and balance. Your team members will bond with the fun and engaging activity.
Have fun with the office sports day:
When people at work hear about sports day, they revert to fond childhood memories. It is an opportunity they do not want to miss and won’t forget. You will increase productivity, loyalty, and brand awareness. To make the most of office sports day, you must partner with a reliable custom sock manufacturer, like EverLighten. They have eighteen years of experience helping startups, large organizations, nonprofits, universities, and sports teams.
Don is a professional rugby player for England and the founder of the Gaming Athlete. The company makes custom compression socks for people playing video games. The long playing sessions can be challenging, and the socks help to make the activity better. Before approaching EverLighten, they contacted several manufacturers to no avail. Producing high-quality compression socks takes years of expertise. Our team delivered the products with 100% satisfaction before their big launch.
Read the complete story https://everlighten.com/blogs/success-stories/don-the-gas-team.
- Best pricing: We are a factory producing custom socks, not intermediaries, ensuring customers always get the best prices.
- Quality in every product: We use high-quality materials and the latest techniques to produce socks.
- Fast turnaround time: We manufacture every order in the quickest time possible.
- 24*7 support: Customers can contact us 24*7 for their query resolution; we reply within half an hour.
- Real people, fantastic service: EverLighten loves helping; we offer various options for every product.
- Designs to impress: Your socks will look as you imagined with help from in-house designers.
- No minimum order requirement: You can order any number of items you need; we accept every order without a minimum limit.
- Worldwide shipping: we deliver worldwide, and customers can track their orders online with an order tracking tool.
For more information, queries and design, visit https://everlighten.com/collections/custom-socks.
Source: The blog first appeared on “https://www.scoopearth.com/build-stronger-teams-increase-productivity-with-custom-socks-and-corporate-sports-day/” and was created by EverLighten’s team and published with our permission as a part of the customer outreach program.