A guide to make money on Twitch with custom merch| Jul, 19 , 22
If you’re an avid gamer or like to stream your gaming sessions, there are many opportunities to make money nowadays. There was a time when playing video games was nerdy, and people who enjoyed playing games hid the fact because of embarrassment. But now, people share their gameplay with the world through streaming platforms. Twitch has become the most popular platform and provides opportunities to earn money with ads and affiliate marketing while having fun. But, there is a better way to have a steady stream of income on Twitch - selling custom merch. It has a vast user base, and popular streamers earn hundreds of thousands every month by selling custom branded products. The blog will provide all the information if you want to make some money while playing video games. Let’s start from the beginning:
What is Twitch?
How much money can you make by selling custom merch on Twitch?
Do you need to sell custom merch on Twitch?
Creating Twitch custom merch
- Define your brand: To come up with custom merch design ideas, you must define yourself as a brand. It would be beneficial if you stopped looking at yourself as a gamer and more like an entrepreneur. The first step is to determine whether the products align with your stream.
- Custom apparel: Custom t-shirts, custom hoodies, custom sweatshirts, custom socks
- Accessories: Custom phone cases, custom stickers,custom patches
- Custom hats, custom caps, custom beanies, and custom face masks
- Custom Drinkware: custom mugs and custom water bottles
- Custom Decor: Custom posters, custom cushions, custom plush toys
- Asking your audience:Twitch provides you with readily available and enthusiastic advisors: your followers. You can ask about the merch ideas and what products to create by asking your followers. If you have a design, you can also ask their opinions. Their insights might surprise you.
- Look at other streamers: Why reinvent the wheel? Apart from asking your audience, you can look at what other streamers are doing. It will help gauge your merch idea; whether you would flood the market with yet another generic merch or some unique custom merch, your audience can relate to themselves. You must balance your creativity with the audience’s demands.
- Create the design: After writing merch ideas, it would be vital to look at the popular taglines among your followers. It will help you generate a sense of familiarity and belonging among your followers.
- Budget: On to the challenging step - budget. A good budget will get you professional graphic designer help, choose the best materials and deliver in the least time. However, if you have a limited budget, you need to look at the next step.
- Finding a manufacturer: A reliable manufacturer can be the difference between high-quality custom products or cheap generic-looking items.
- Find out if they offer the merch you want to create. You can start with finding information on the website and social media pages.
- Please note their customer ratings and reviews including customer service.
- Contact the ones that seem promising and ask for their MOQ rates, delivery time, refund, cancellation policies, etc.
- Marketing: Now that you are ready with your products, it’s time to promote your custom merch. Notably, 90% of people buy from brands they like and trust; the same goes for streamers.
- Wear your custom merch during streaming: This is the most effective way to announce your custom merch to the audience. The market research also backed the method up; it boosts sales up to 50%.
- Live tour of merch: If you are selling your custom merch on your website or e-commerce platforms, please provide a Live tour of your merch store to your fans. It will benefit to talk about your designs, inspirations, process, etc.
- Free giveaways and discounts: People love free stuff; you can create curiosity with giveaways and discounts to the first few followers. They can tag you on their social media platforms. You can also run a limited edition merch line.
- Exchange merch with other streamers: Giving away your custom merch to other streamers is one of the most effective ways to build goodwill and brand awareness in the community. Fans of other streamers will become curious about your merch.
- Optimize the Live stream titles: You can mention your custom merch in the video titles for making it merch-friendly.
- Remind viewers: Use intros, breaks, BRBs, endings, etc. to remind your viewers about your custom merch with images of the products.
- Cross-platform promotions: It’s always a good idea to promote your products across platforms; it will help to spread the news to your fans beyond Twitch. You need to leverage every platform available.
Ready to sell custom merch
Benefits of working with EverLighten
- Best pricing: They are a factory for producing custom products and not intermediaries, ensuring customers always get the best prices.
- Quality in every product: They use top-quality materials and the latest processes to produce custom uniforms and accessories.
- Fast turnaround time: They provide the quickest turnaround time for every order.
- 24*7 support: Customers can contact them 24*7 for their queries resolution; they reply within half an hour.
- Real people, fabulous service: EverLighten loves helping; they offer various options.
- Free design help and unlimited customization: Your item design will look as you imagined with support from in-house designers.
- No minimum order requirement: You can order as many items as you need; they accept every order without a minimum limit.
- Worldwide shipping: They deliver worldwide, and customers can track their orders online with an order tracking tool.
← Older Post Newer Post →