Learn from the most successful brands to make a name.
Company mascot plush toys are plush toys that have a customized design or logo that represents a brand, product, or service. They are promotional items you can use for various branding and marketing purposes, such as increasing brand awareness, creating a positive impression, building customer loyalty, and increasing sales and revenue.
Company mascot plush toys can help a company achieve its marketing and branding goals by appealing to the emotions and preferences of its customers, employees, partners, or prospects. They can create a fun and memorable experience for them and foster a sense of connection and attachment with the company. They can also display creativity, personality, and values and showcase their excellence, distinction, and value proposition.
Company mascot plush toys can be customized and adapted to the identity and personality, as well as its target audience and purpose. They can be in different shapes, sizes, colors, and styles.
They can also be for different purposes, occasions, and audiences. For example, they can be helpful as gifts, giveaways, rewards, or souvenirs for customers, employees, partners, or prospects. They can also be for sports, games, or events, like basketball, soccer, or golf.
We can classify them into three categories. Each has its pros and cons. Let us learn about them so you can choose the best per your needs.
Custom plush toys based on the company logo or icon
One of the benefits of using custom plush toys based on the company logo or icon is that they can help to increase brand awareness and recognition by displaying the company name, logo, slogan, or message on a visible and noticeable item. They can help spread the word and company image to the public. They can also help to differentiate the company from its competitors and stand out from the crowd.
Some examples of how companies have successfully used this type of mascot plush toy are:
- Owlchemy Labs, a virtual reality company owned by Google, created a custom plush toy based on their logo, Owlbert Einstein, a cute owl wearing a lab coat and glasses. They gave away these plush toys as promotional items at various events and conferences, such as the Game Developers Conference and the South by Southwest Festival. The plush toy helped to attract attention and generate interest for the company and its products, such as Job Simulator and Vacation Simulator.
- Mailchimp, an email marketing platform, created a custom plush toy based on their logo, Freddie, a friendly and quirky chimp with a mailman hat and a bag. They used it as a gift to their customers, employees, partners, and prospects and as a prize for their online contests and campaigns. The plush toy helped create a positive impression and connection with the company and its brand personality and showed appreciation and respect to its audience.
- Slack, a cloud-based collaboration tool, created a custom plush toy based on their logo, a colorful hashtag symbol. The plush toy was a swag item at various events and conferences, such as TechCrunch Disrupt and Web Summit. The plush toy helped showcase the excellence, distinction, and value proposition and to promote the company and its product to the public.
Design Considerations for Plush Toys with Company Logos:
- Size and Placement:
- Ensure the company logo is of appropriate size for the plush toy.
- Consider strategic placement on the toy for maximum visibility without compromising aesthetics.
- Color Harmony:
- Maintain consistency with the color palette to reinforce brand identity.
- Choose background colors that complement the logo, enhancing overall visual appeal.
- Texture and Material:
- Select materials that showcase the logo clearly, avoiding textures that may obscure or distort the design.
- Ensure the chosen fabric aligns with the image and conveys the desired tactile experience.
- Logo Adaptability:
- Design the logo to be adaptable to the plush form, considering contours and curves.
- Opt for simplified versions of complex logos to maintain clarity in a plush format.
- Embroidery vs. Printing:
- Evaluate the pros and cons of embroidery versus printing for logo application.
- Embroidery may provide a textured, premium feel, while printing can offer vibrant colors and intricate details.
- Branding Elements Integration:
- Seamlessly integrate logos with other branding elements, such as taglines or additional symbols, while maintaining cohesion.
- Ensure that additional elements do not overshadow the primary logo.
- Consider the Audience:
- Customize the design to resonate with the desired customer base. Consider age, preferences, and cultural nuances.
- Choose a design that captivates and engages the audience while reinforcing brand recognition.
- Design the plush toy with a logo that suits various contexts, ensuring it remains relevant across different promotional scenarios.
- Consider adaptability for special events or themed campaigns.
- Opt for high-quality materials and robust stitching to ensure the longevity of the plush toy.
- A durable product reflects positively on the brand and ensures lasting exposure.
- Complementary Elements:
- Explore complementary design elements that enhance the aesthetic appeal while highlighting the logo.
- Balance these elements to avoid visual clutter.
- Consistency Across Products:
- Maintain consistency if designing a series of plush toys. Ensure a unified visual language across the entire collection.
- This consistency reinforces brand recognition and strengthens the overall brand message.
Custom plush toys based on the company mascot or character
One of the advantages of using custom plush toys based on the company mascot or character is that they can help to create a positive and memorable connection with the company by showing creativity, personality, and values. They can help to convey the brand identity and message to the customers, employees, partners, or prospects. They can also help to evoke positive emotions and associations with the company and its products or services.
Some examples of companies that have effectively utilized this type of mascot plush toy are:
- Geico, an insurance company, created a custom plush toy based on their mascot, the Geico Gecko, a witty and charming lizard with a British accent. The plush toy was a gift to their customers, employees, partners, and prospects and a prize for their online contests and campaigns. The plush toy helped create a positive and memorable impression and connection with the company and its brand personality and to show appreciation and respect to its audience.
- Disney, an entertainment company, created a custom plush toy based on their character, Mickey Mouse, a cheerful and iconic mouse with big ears and red shorts. They sold the plush toys as merchandise at their theme parks, stores, and online platforms, as well as a souvenir for their events and shows. The plush toy helped to create a positive and memorable connection and association with the company and its products or services, as well as to generate revenue and loyalty for the company.
- KFC, a fast food company, created a custom plush toy based on their character, Colonel Sanders, a friendly and charismatic founder with a white suit and a beard. The plush toy was a promotional product at various events and locations, such as the Comic-Con and the Kentucky Derby. The plush toy helped to create a positive and memorable connection and impression with the company and its brand history and values, as well as to promote the company and its products.
Design Considerations for Plush Toys with Company Mascots:
- Study the Mascot:
- Thoroughly understand the company mascot, including its characteristics, personality, and unique features.
- Identify elements that must be present in the plush toy to capture the essence of the mascot.
- Maintain Proportions:
- Ensure the plush toy maintains the proportions and distinctive features of the original mascot.
- Strive for accuracy while adapting to the constraints of plush toy design.
- Emphasize Expressions:
- Pay close attention to facial expressions and body language to convey the mascot's personality.
- Incorporate details such as smiles, frowns, or characteristic poses to evoke the desired emotional response.
- Texture and Fur Detailing:
- Use various textures and fur detailing to mimic the mascot's fur, feathers, or other distinctive features.
- Consider the tactile experience to enhance the overall plush toy design.
- Incorporate Brand Colors:
- Integrate the company's brand colors into the plush toy design, ensuring a seamless connection with the overall branding.
- Use these colors strategically to highlight specific features or accessories.
- Accessorize Thoughtfully:
- Add accessories or props closely associated with the mascot while considering their feasibility in plush form.
- Accessories should complement the mascot's character without overwhelming the design.
- Consider the Audience:
- Tailor the plush toy design to resonate with the intended audience. Keep in mind age, preferences, and cultural nuances.
- Ensure the design appeals to fans and those encountering it for the first time.
- Versatility in Poses:
- Design the plush toy with versatility, allowing for different poses and interactions.
- Consider how the plush toy will be positioned or displayed in various settings.
- Interactive Elements:
- Integrate interactive elements, like movable limbs, etc., that align with the mascot's characteristics.
- Ensure these elements enhance the overall playability of the plush toy.
- Maintain Brand Consistency:
- While capturing the essence of the mascot, ensure the design aligns with the overall branding.
- Consistency in color, style, and messaging reinforces brand recognition.
- Functionality and Safety:
- Balance uniqueness with functionality, ensuring the plush toy is safe for its intended audience.
- Avoid small parts or features that may pose a choking hazard, especially for younger users.
- Feedback from Mascot Fans:
- Seek feedback from fans or stakeholders familiar with the mascot to ensure the plush toy resonates with the target audience.
- Adjust the design based on valuable insights to enhance its appeal.
- Limited Edition or Special Edition Concepts:
- Explore limited or special edition concepts to create a sense of exclusivity and excitement around the plush toy.
- These editions can feature unique elements while staying true to the mascot's essence.
Custom plush toys based on the company product or service
Custom plush toys based on the company product or service are a great way to promote your brand and create a lasting impression on your customers. They can also help you stand out from competitors and showcase your excellence and distinction in your industry.
- They can increase brand awareness and loyalty. Custom plush toys can be as giveaways, prizes, or merchandise for your customers, who will appreciate the gesture and remember your brand. They can also spread the word about your product or service to their friends and family, who might be interested in what you offer. For example, Netflix created custom plush toys based on some of their popular shows, such as Stranger Things, BoJack Horseman, and The Crown. They gave them to fans and influencers, who shared them on social media and generated buzz for Netflix.
- They can showcase your product or service features and benefits. Custom plush toys can resemble your products or services or highlight their key features and benefits. They can also be interactive, such as having sound, light, or movement effects, to demonstrate how your product or service works. For example, Google created custom plush toys for their Google Home Mini smart speaker. These plush toys were like the speaker, had a button that activated the Google Assistant and could answer questions and play music. These plush toys introduced the Google Home Mini to potential customers and showed them its capabilities.
- They can enhance your brand image and reputation. Custom plush toys can convey your brand values, personality, and message to your customers. They can also support a social cause, a charitable organization, or a community project that aligns with your brand vision and mission. For example, IKEA created custom plush toys based on the children's drawings. These plush toys were part of the SAGOSKATT collection. It aimed to support their right to play and develop. For every plush toy sold, IKEA donated $1 to local initiatives that support their education and well-being.
Design Considerations for Plush Toys Representing Company Products or Services:
- Detailed Product Representation:
- Thoroughly research and understand the key features and details of the company's product or service.
- Incorporate these details into the plush toy design to create an accurate representation.
- Iconic Elements Inclusion:
- Identify the most iconic elements of the product or service and highlight them in the plush toy design.
- Ensure these elements are recognizable and contribute to the overall identity of the plush toy.
- Functional Design Integration:
- Explore ways to integrate functional elements of the product into the plush toy design, if applicable.
- For example, if the product has moving parts, consider how you can replicate them in a plush format.
- Color Matching:
- Use the company's brand colors to maintain consistency and reinforce the connection with the product or service.
- Ensure accurate color matching to enhance recognition.
- Logo or Branding Placement:
- Strategically incorporate the company logo or branding elements into the plush toy design.
- Balance visibility without overshadowing the product representation.
- Creative Adaptation:
- While maintaining accuracy, explore creative adaptations to make the plush toy visually appealing.
- Balance creativity to ensure the plush toy remains recognizable and aligned with the brand.
- Consider the Plush Medium:
- Understand the limitations of plush materials and adapt the product or service design accordingly.
- Consider how certain features can be simplified or stylized for effective plush representation.
- Size and Scale:
- Consider the appropriate size and scale of the plush toy to represent the product.
- Ensure that features are proportionate and recognizable within the chosen dimensions.
- Textured Elements:
- Incorporate textured elements into the plush design to represent different materials or surfaces associated with the product.
- Pay attention to tactile details to enhance the overall sensory experience.
- Storytelling Through Design:
- Use the plush toy design to tell a story about the product or service, creating a narrative that resonates with customers.
- Consider how different design elements contribute to this storytelling aspect.
- Collaboration with Product Teams:
- Collaborate closely with product teams or experts to ensure accuracy in the company's offerings.
- Seek input on design elements that are integral to the product's identity.
- Promotional Messaging:
- Integrate subtle promotional messaging or taglines that reinforce the value proposition of the product or service.
- Balance promotional elements to avoid overwhelming the overall plush toy design.
- User Interaction Considerations:
- Consider how users interact with the plush toy and design features that enhance this interaction.
- Consider functionalities that make the plush toy engaging and memorable.
- Quality Assurance:
- Prioritize high-quality materials and craftsmanship to ensure the plush toy reflects the company's commitment to excellence.
- Conduct thorough quality assurance to maintain standards.
EverLighten Case Study: Bringing the Highlander Mascot to Life
McLennan Community College (MCC) needed a 12-inch plush toy representing their iconic Highlander mascot with intricate design elements and a tight timeline.
EverLighten embraced the challenge, engaging deeply with MCC to understand its vision, source unique materials, and provide multiple options for a flawless design.
Through iterative design and constant communication, EverLighten addressed challenges, including accessory adjustments and fabric sourcing, ensuring MCC's complete satisfaction.
The final prototype exceeded expectations, gaining MCC's 100% approval and paving the way for bulk production. EverLighten's commitment to detail brought the Highlander mascot to life as a cherished symbol for MCC's community.
Elevate Your Brand with EverLighten's Plush Creations:
At EverLighten, we don't just create plush toys; we craft memorable experiences. Our collaboration with McLennan Community College to bring the Highlander mascot to life exemplifies our commitment to excellence.
- 100% Customization: Tailor plush toys to your unique vision, capturing the essence.
- 100% Quality Check: Our rigorous quality checks ensure that every product meets the highest standards.
- Free Design Help: Benefit from our design expertise at no extra cost, ensuring your vision is brought to life seamlessly.
- Worldwide Delivery: Wherever you are, we deliver. Enjoy the convenience of global shipping.
- 24*7 Support: Our dedicated support team is always ready to assist you, providing round-the-clock service.
- Unlimited Revisions: We believe in perfection. Collaborate with us until your plush creation is as you envision it.
- Low MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity): Whether you need a few or a thousand, we accommodate orders of all sizes.
Ready to turn your ideas into tangible, huggable realities? Connect with EverLighten today to create plush masterpieces that leave a lasting impression.
What type of stuffed animal is most in demand?
The most sought-after stuffed animal is the teddy bear. There are many reasons why teddy bears are so popular, like their soft and cuddly nature, their timeless appeal, and their ability to provide comfort and companionship.
What makes a good plush toy?
A plush toy should be soft, cuddly, and durable. It should use high-quality materials that are safe for children to play with. Additionally, it should be visually appealing and have a unique design that will capture the hearts.
How do you make plushies marketable?
There are a few things you can do to make plushies marketable:
- Create a strong brand identity: Develop a consistent brand name, logo, and tagline to help people recognize your plushies.
- Target your audience: Identify the specific groups you want to reach with your plushies and create designs that will appeal to them.
- Use high-quality materials: Make sure your plushies are from safe and durable materials that will last.
- Design unique and appealing characters: Create cute, funny, or relatable to your target audience.
- Market your plushies effectively: Use social media, email marketing, and other channels to promote your plushies to your target audience.
Is there a market for plushies?
Yes, there is a large and growing market for plushies. The global plush toy market is estimated to be over $60 billion. Several factors are driving the growth of the plush toy market, including the increasing popularity of personalized and customizable products, the growing demand for comfort and companionship, and the rise of social media.